Governor Murphy signed Executive Order #120 on April 8th, 2020, moving the 2020 Primary Election from June 2, 2020 to July 7, 2020 to account for concerns regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic.
On May 15, 2020, Governor Murphy signed Executive Order #144, declaring that the Primary Election will be conducted as an all-Mail-In-Ballot election. Any resident that has already declared their political party should have received a Mail-In-Ballot to complete and return to the County Clerk. Ballots can be returned via USPS or by dropping off in the secure drop boxes at the following locations:
· NORTH LOCATION: Glen Gardner Municipal Building 83 Main Street, Glen Gardner NJ 08826
· SOUTH LOCATION: Phillip L. Pittore Justice Center 25 South Union Street, Lambertville NJ 08530
· CENTRAL LOCATION: Hunterdon County Library 314 State Route 12, Bldg. 3, Flemington NJ 08822
· EAST LOCATION: Readington Township. Municipal Building 509 County Rd 523, Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889
· WEST LOCATION: Holland Township Municipal Building 61 Church Road, Milford NJ 08848
You can take your Ballot to any of the secure drop box locations any time up to 8pm on Election Day.
Any unaffiliated voter wishing to vote in the 2020 Primary Election on July 7, 2020, will need to declare their party using the Mail-In-Ballot Application found on the Hunterdon County 2020 Primary Election Website (http://co.hunterdon.nj.us/Primary2020.htm).
Please note that Franklin Township has one location for voting by Provisional Ballot (hand-written paper ballots for voters that have lost or haven’t received their Vote-By-Mail Ballot); Quakertown Fire Company, 67 Quakertown Road, Pittstown, NJ 08867. One voting machine will be available for the use of the visually impaired.