Firearms Application and Registration System (FARS)
Before you log onto the portal please read the following instructions in their entirety:
- Have a credit/debit card available
- Have accurate addresses, phone numbers and emails for all references
- FARS will automatically time out in 20 minutes if you don’t complete or save information.
Log onto: https://njportal.com/NJSP/FARS to start the firearms application process.
ORI# NJ0101000 – you will be prompted to put in this number.
- FARS is taking the place of the STS033 form.
- Applicant MUST enter their “Official Name”.
- Applicant must enter accurate phone numbers and emails for themselves and their references.
- Family members CAN be references.
- After all, required information is entered, a REVIEW PAGE will appear where you can edit all information prior to final submission.
- If you are an initial applicant (have never had a firearm’s ID card or permit to purchase) you will be able to PRINT OUT your FINGERPRINT form at the end of the application, and will be directed to do so.
- Print out confirmation page and application at the end of the process for reference purposes.
If you have any questions regarding the process please contact: Sergeant Kevin Bollaro 908-782-9594 email@example.com